Have you ever asked children why they love their moms?
In the spirit of Mother’s Day, we asked the kindergarten and first grade classes in our Christian school that very question…
- “I love my mom because she’s nice to me.”
- “I love my mom because she cares about me and buys clothes for us.”
- “I love my mom because she lets me help her bake and she loves me.”
- “I love my mom because she loves me very much and cares about me very much.”
- “I love my mom because she cooks for me and loves me.”
- “I love my mom because does everything on the house for me and cares for me and loves me.”
A mother’s love is unconditional, nurturing, and dedicated. God gave us the precious gift of mothers to help raise us to love and serve Him. And if you ask any mother, she’ll tell you there is no job on earth that is more difficult or rewarding, than parenting.
This Sunday is Mother’s Day. During the morning worship service here at our church we will honor mothers and also have our annual child dedication.
Don’t forget to tell your mother, mom, mommy, mum, grandma, or wife how much they mean to you.
And you can thank God for her too! As the Bible says, “Her children arise up and call her blessed” (Proverbs 31:28).